QUESTIONS FOR REVIEW
1. A consumer has income of $3,000. Wine costs $3 a glass, and cheese costs $6 a pound. Draw the consumer’s budget constraint What is the slope of this budget constraint?
2. Draw a consumer’s indifference curves for wine and cheese. Describe and explain four properties of these indifference curves.
3. Pick a point on an indifference curve for wine and cheese and show the marginal rate of substitution What does the marginal rate of substitution tell us .
4.Show a consumer’s budget constraint and indifference curves for wine and cheese. Show the optimal consumption choice. If the price of wine is $3 a glass and the price of cheese is So a pound, what IS the marginal rate of substitution at this optimum S.
5. A person who consumes wine and cheese gets a raise, so his income increases from $3,000 to $4,000 Show what happens if both wine and cheese are normal goods. Now show what happens if cheese is an inferior good.
6. The price of cheese rises from $6 to $10 a pound, while the of wine remains $3 a glass. For a consumer with a constant income of $3,000, show what happens to consumption of wine and cheese Decompose the change Into income and substitution effects.
7. Can an increase in the price of cheese possibly induce a consumer to buy more cheese? Explain
[av_button label='Get Any Economics Assignment Solved for US$ 55' link='manually,http://economicskey.com/buy-now' link_target='' color='red' custom_bg='#444444' custom_font='#ffffff' size='large' position='center' icon_select='yes' icon='ue859' font='entypo-fontello']